Frequently asked questions(FAQ)
The University is Universite Protestante De L’Afrique De L’Ouest, short formed UPAO. Meaning; The Protestant University of West Africa. It is owned and governed by the Protestant (Methodist) church.
UPAO is located in Porto Novo, the capital city of Benin Republic. It also has presence in four other African countries including Togo, Cameroun, Burkina Faso and Cote D’Ivoire.
Absolutely YES! The university is well accredited by the government of Benin Republic and recognized by the Federal Ministry of Education in Nigeria and the NYSC. Graduates from UPAO have been constantly participated in the NYSC without any hindrance or delay.
- Bsc Accounting
- Bsc. Economics
- Bsc. Business Administration
- Bsc Public Administration
- Bsc. Politics & International Relations
- Bsc. Mass Communication & Journalism
- Bsc. Project Management
- Bsc. Transport & Logistics Management
- Bsc. Computer Science
- Bsc. Information Communication Technology
- Bsc. Management Information Technology
- Bsc. Microbiology
- Bsc. Biotechnology
- Bsc. Biochemistry
- Bsc. Environmental Science
- Bsc. Linguistics (French option)
- Bsc. Linguistics (English Option)
- Bsc. Estate Management
As this is not a Nigerian university, JAMB is not a requirement here. The basic requirements are your O’level results where we expect you have at least Five Credits in relevant subjects including English and Mathematics (at not more than two sittings); Birth certificate or sworn affidavit (declaration of age); Passport photographs; International Passport; Residence Permit and any other supporting documents.
Application follows a simple process.
- Pick up the UPAO admission form
- Fill (in block letters) and submit
- Receive provisional offer of admission
- Accept the admission by paying the acceptance fee and other relevant charges.
The tuition fees as it stands today is a paltry N190,000 only.
YES! The university allows for payment in installments. 60% by the end of First Semester and 40% by the end of Second Semester.
Yes. The hostel accommodation cost only N40,000 (with bed) per semester or N30,000 (without bed) per semester. Students are also allowed to get their private accommodation anywhere they wish to.
Our forms are available online (visit the website), and can be picked at our Liaison Office; Great Success Integrated Services, Suite 18 Yemco Plaza, Behind Epe Maternity, Ita Opo, Epe, Lagos State Nigeria.